Friday, January 20, 2006

birth-day

Wednesday, April 20. Set apart this day for fasting and prayer, to bow my soul before God for the bestowment of divine grace; especially that all my spiritual afflictions and inward distresses might be sanctified to my soul. And endeavoured also to remember the goodness of God to me the year past, this day being my birth-day. Having obtained help of God, I have hitherto lived, and am now arrived at the age of twenty-five years. My soul was pained to think of my barrenness and deadness; that I have lived so little to the glory of the eternal God. I spent the day in the woods alone, and there poured out my complaint to God; O that God would enable me to live to his glory for the future!"

From The Life and Diary of Rev. David Brainerd, by Jonathan Edwards. Works, Volume II.

This is a full year in the diary after the last post, not the following day.

Happy Birthday Nick - you are a blessing brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home